Saturday, June 18, 2005

My Grandmother: Jean 1924 - 2005

My Grandmother passed away this week at age 80. She was a beautifully caring and gentle person.

Even though I am not religious in the sense of believing in God and Jesus, my Nan was highly religious and believed strongly and ultimately in her faith with God and Jesus. She never once tried to talk any of my family into this faith, but was always there to talk about it if we wanted.

I am putting Psalm 23 - The Lord is my Shepherd here for my Nan, Jean - it was her favourite part of the bible.

May your new spiritual existence be everything you wanted it to be Nan.

Psalm 23
The LORD Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.