Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rain into water into life

Sitting on the doorstep I allow myself to drift into the droplets one by one, feeling almost at ease with everything. Nature creates a swirling sound that dances around my mind, floating in and out of active consciousness. Is this what it is like to be one with everything?

I watch the tiny droplets smashing into the ground, not in an aggressive or debilitating way, but purely in the magical way nature has evolved.

Water forms little streams that flow every which way. Minute beads of water, remnants of the larger drops that have fallen from the sky, start to dance along the surface of the streams.

The sound is soothing, almost dream like, the aroma encompasses new senses altogether. The sky is awash in white grey sheets of motion, drifting effortlessly overhead and showering our world in the beauty that is rain.

I love all that rain brings. The texture, the dampness, the sound, the splashes and the smell. For me it brings a sense of contentment and a state of total relaxation - a chance to dream - a chance to reflect, not even focusing on anything in particular. Rain has the uncanny ability to make me feel happy.

Today it is raining, so today I feel alive and content with the world.

The droplets continue to bounce from the windows, slowly making their way down the glass panes. Branches on trees, leaves heavy with water, droop towards the ground taking in all that is on offer.

The earth is alive and drinking from the sky. It is beautiful to absorb
.